You are here
Working Smarter with Microsoft MyAnalytics
Wednesday, February 26, 2020 - 00:00
With the new A5 Microsoft 365 license, Pitt faculty and staff have access to a variety of programs that go way beyond Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. MyAnalytics is a personal productivity tool that can help you work more effectively and efficiently.
What Is MyAnalytics?
Have you ever worked feverishly all day, only to find that you haven’t gotten nearly as much done as you’d hoped? Next thing you know, you’re reading and sending emails from home, and it seems like your days are spent trying to get back to items that have been on your priority list for weeks.
MyAnalytics provides insights into two of the key factors in personal productivity: how you spend your time and who you spend it with. Specifically, the app can help you:
- Schedule uninterrupted time to complete your work
- Develop healthy work and technology habits
- Nurture better working relationships with other faculty and staff
- Collaborate more efficiently with your colleagues
The MyAnalytics Toolkit
MyAnalytics provides personalized tools to help you work smarter, instead of working harder or longer:
- MyAnalytics Dashboard: Summary page shows statistics about how you spent your time over the past month, and provides insights about work patterns, suggestions for improvement, and information about your network and collaboration activities. You can drill down for more detailed insights and resources.
- Insights Add-In and Inline Suggestions in Outlook: Data-driven, context-specific recommendations to improve your work patterns. Suggestions include: alerts about outstanding tasks, prompts to schedule focused work time, suggestions to reduce after-hours work, or tips for more efficient collaboration.
- Digests: A weekly email to help you understand and improve your work habits. These emails concentrate on specific work patterns, including focus, wellbeing, networking, and collaboration.
- Focus Plan: Helps you block out one to two distraction-free hours every day for your highest-priority work. MyAnalytics can automatically book that time or prompt you to schedule it manually. During Focus time, chats in Teams are silenced and your availability is listed as “Do Not Disturb.”
Insights Are for Your Eyes Only
All of the insights provided by MyAnalytics are for your personal use only, to help you take better control over your time. It is not accessible by anyone else—not other users, not your supervisor, not even Pitt IT. It cannot be used for performance evaluation, tracking, profiling, or monitoring. MyAnalytics supports General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance, so your privacy is protected! And if you’d rather not use it, you can just turn it off.
Make the Most of Your Workday
Stepping back to examine your own work patterns is never easy, particularly when you’re already so busy. MyAnalytics does the work for you, so you get immediate insights in real time, with concrete suggestions to increase your productivity. See how just a few reminders, prompts, and support tools can help you better organize your time, focus on high-priority task, and work more efficiently.
-- By Karen Beaudway, Pitt IT Blogger