You are here
Reach Out to a Tech Ambassador | Meet the Tech Ambassadors
Pitt IT Tech Ambassadors are here to help you make the most out of the technology offerings at Pitt. Whether it’s helping you find the free software you need, like Microsoft Office or Adobe Creative Cloud, or holding a training for you and your friends – the Tech Ambassadors are here for you.
Tech Ambassadors are also fully skilled in all Microsoft 365 products. Just talk to a Tech Ambassador to learn how to get more organized using OneNote, leverage Teams for communication within your school, download a free copy of Office to keep after you graduate, and much more!
Reach Out to a Tech Ambassador
There are lots of great ways to see what your friendly neighborhood Tech Ambassador is up to:
- #TechAmbassador — Follow your favorite ambassadors on Instagram or just look for #TechAmbassador
- Request an Event — Want a Tech Ambassador to do a training or presentation for your club, residence hall floor, or group of friends? Just ask! We're happy to hang with you.
- Look for Us — Spot us out and about on campus wearing our snazzy t-shirts and Tech Ambassador buttons.
Meet the Tech Ambassadors
Brandon Bowman | Jamir Grier | Sam Hayes | Trevor Klingensmith | Carolyn Phamtran | Pamela Smith | Ishika Patel (lead ambasador)
- Major: Business Information Systems and Finance – CBA, Class of 2025
- Personal Motto: “If I could say a few words… I would be a better public speaker.” – Homer Simpson
- Ways I love to use tech: Two tech services that I couldn’t live without are Spotify and Adobe CC! I love listening to music and one of my hobbies is graphic design.
- Follow me on Instagram: @Brandonbowmann
- Major: Computer Science – SCI, Class of 2024
- Personal Motto: Do it so well that you only do it once
- Tech I couldn't live without: My phone has so many features and shortcuts that it's my most essential piece in any situation.
- Follow me on Instagram: @jah.meer
- Major: Supply Chain Management and Business Information Systems – CBA, Class of 2024.
- Personal Motto: Consistency is Key
- Tech I couldn’t live without: Microsoft OneNote to keep things organized and make certain tasks simpler
- Follow me on Instagram: @sam.hayes4
- Major: Information Science – SCI, Class of 2023
- Personal Motto: Live in the moment.
- Ways I love to use tech: To make life easier.
- Follow me on Instagram: @tkling16
- Expected Major: Marketing
- Personal Motto: Fall down seven times, get up eight.
- Ways I love to use tech: I would be nothing without Canva and OneNote!
- Follow me on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolyn-phamtran-531161212/
- Major: English Writing and History/Philosophy of Science – Dietrich, Class of 2024
- Personal Motto: Never stop learning. I try to learn something new as much as I can, no matter how small — new knowledge or skills, things from other people, or just a new way to organize my planner or observe the things around me.
- Tech I couldn’t live without: I definitely couldn't go without any kind of camera — my phone is full of pictures of great memories!
- Follow me on Instagram: @pamelasmith._
Ishika Patel (Ambassador Lead)
- Major: Finance and Business Information Systems - CBA, with minor in Sociology - Dietrich, Class of 2023
- Personal Motto: The world is a book and those who don’t travel only read one page.
- Tech I couldn’t live without: OneNote. I find this to be the most efficient way of taking notes and keeping both my personal and professional life organized.
- Follow me on LinkedIn: @ishika-patel-a513611a3