Why Work for Pitt Information Technology?
- Make your resume stand out
- Get a job that fits your schedule
- Hone skills that can help you land a job after graduation
- Earn some extra cash
Choose the Job That's Right for You
- Technical Consultant: Be a technical support guru. You’ll help get students connected, install software, and troubleshoot problems.
- Lab Monitor: Be a trusted resource and friendly face in the Student Computing Labs. Answer questions, help reset passwords, and provide great customer service.
- Communication Assistant: Use your creative talents to help spread the word about IT services through our website, social media, and printed materials.
- Office Assistant: Keep the office running smoothly. Provide administrative, customer service, and receptionist support, as well as help with clerical duties.
View and Apply to Open Positions
Student workers are covered by Worker’s Compensation and liability insurance. However, they are not eligible for other fringe benefits for faculty and staff (unemployment compensation, vacation, sick leave, tuition benefits, etc.).
You are eligible for student employment if you are:
- Enrolled for 6 or more credits
- Enrolled in a bachelor's degree or higher program at the University of Pittsburgh
- An undergraduate student, or a graduate student who is not primarily registered for dissertation/thesis credits
- Not on an 'academic' paid assignment (part-time faculty/instructors; GSA/GSR's, etc.)