You are here
Why work for Pitt Information Technology? You get the opportunity to earn some extra cash while you make your resume stand out, enjoy a job that fits your schedule, and develop skills that can help you land a job after graduation.
Choose the Job That's Right for You
- Help Desk Analyst: Work remotely answering phone calls and chat requests to help students, faculty, and staff with all their IT needs.
- Technical Consultant: Be a technical support guru. You will help students, faculty, and staff get connected, install software, and troubleshoot IT problems.
- Lab Monitor: Be a trusted resource and friendly face in the Student Computing Labs. Answer questions related to the labs and provide great customer service.
- Communication Assistant: Use your creative talents to help spread the word about IT services through our website, social media, and printed materials.
- Office Assistant: Keep the office running smoothly. Provide administrative, customer service, and receptionist support, as well as help with clerical duties.
- Internship Opportunities: Advanced internship opportunities include Salesforce or App Developer. These positions are listed in Handshake.
Student workers are covered by Worker’s Compensation and liability insurance. However, they are not eligible for other fringe benefits for faculty and staff (unemployment compensation, vacation, sick leave, tuition benefits, etc.).
You are eligible for student employment if you are:
- Enrolled for 6 or more credits
- Enrolled in a bachelor's degree or higher program at the University of Pittsburgh
- An undergraduate student, or a graduate student who is not primarily registered for dissertation/thesis credits
- Not on an 'academic' paid assignment (part-time faculty/instructors; GSA/GSR's, etc.)