Drop-In and Virtual Support
NOTE: Drop-In Support is available during regular University Store hours. Use the Virtual Support service for hands-on, one-on-one support over Zoom.
Phone, email, and chat are very useful, but sometimes it’s more convenient to get help in person. Pitt IT operates both Drop-In and Virtual Support to provide "hands-on" help for the personal devices of students, faculty, and staff. From setting up a new computer or tablet with Pitt resources, to trouble-shooting a thorny issue, a Technical Consultant can provide the personal support you need.
- Device Set-up (all locations):
Get help with connecting to Wi-Fi, configuring a smartphone or tablet to receive Pitt Email, installing Microsoft Office, connecting to Pitt Print Stations, or changing passwords.
- System Troubleshooting (University Store and Virtual Support)*:
Get help with virus removal, installing software, or repairing software.
- Drop-Off Service (University Store on Fifth only)*:
If an operating system repair is necessary or repairs require more time, drop off your computer and pick it up once the repairs are completed.
- Purchase or pick up software (University Store on Fifth only):
- Buy or pick up the license(s) for software purchased for personal use (individuals).
Please bring your device's power cord and Pitt ID with you to Drop-In Support or stay connected and available throughout a Virtual Support consultation.
* Note: Hardware repair is not available. For assistance with University-owned equipment, contact your unit's IT staff directly.