On Wednesday, March 31, the Online Survey System (Qualtrics) will be upgraded by the vendor. The following changes are expected to make Qualtrics easier to navigate and provide a more intuitive user experience:
- The platform’s global navigation menu will be updated to be more intuitive and moved to the upper left-hand side
- A new Catalog feature will replace “Create new project” and “Create new action” in the global navigation menu
- Favorites will be retired as a system feature because of similarities with Recents, which remains as a collection near the top of the Catalog’s front page
- All other previously available create functions are part of the new Catalog feature
Additionally, several new Survey Builder features will be available by clicking the Try it now link in the banner that appears at the top of the Survey tab.
- Revised toolbar navigation
- An updated, simplified panel for question creation and block configuration
- Improved indicators for auto-saved projects, project draft mode, or published projects
- Drag-and drop functionality for arranging survey questions and blocks
- Easier to access end-of-survey messages and survey workflow controls
At the end of April 2021, the updated Survey Builder experience will become the default for all users. However, a Switch back option will allow users to alternate between the new and legacy experiences until the end of May.
Please contact the 24/7 IT Help Desk at 412-624-HELP (4357) if you have any questions regarding this announcement.