Effective Friday, Sept. 25, myPitt (my.pitt.edu) will be enhanced with new features, customization options, and accessibility improvements based on feedback received from the University community.
Everyone can take advantage of the following improvements:
- You can now re-order sections on your home page via your Preferences menu (drop-down menu under Sign In or your name).
- If you prefer logging in to myPitt immediately (instead of clicking the Sign In button after you arrive), you can do so with the new short URL pi.tt/mypitt-login.
- Announcements are easier to read thanks to accessibility enhancements like improved contrast, reduced brightness, and larger font size. An accessibility statement also appears in the site’s footer.
In addition, myPitt administrators can create several new types of content:
- Pages: Unlike Tasks, which link users to a service, Pages serve as their own content destination. Administrators can create a wide variety of content using the rich text editor.
- Sites: Related pages can be grouped into Sites. Administrators can specify the order in which Pages appear and use headings to categorize them further.
- Password-restricted content: Administrators can now require users to log in whenever they visit a Task, Task Center, Site, or Page.
Please contact the 24/7 IT Help Desk at 412-624-HELP (4357) if you have any questions regarding this announcement.