On June 1, Pitt Information Technology will release the University’s new Federated Authorization Community, which was announced in February. The new Community allows faculty and staff to request access to the University's enterprise systems and data—including Peoplesoft, Student Mart, and General Ledger (GL) Mart, as well as Responsibility Center Administrator (RC Admin) membership. Improvements include:
- A single self-service experience to complete Federated Authorization Requests online
- Improved workflow to reduce the time it takes to process requests
- Browser- and mobile-friendly with support for Java
- Email notifications to approvers when they have something to review
- Status notifications when request(s) are finalized
Following the release, there will be a 15-day grace period to handle all previously submitted Federated Authorization requests through the current methods—including paper forms and electronic submissions—before these methods are retired.
Visit technology.pitt.edu/FACommunity for how-to steps, FAQs, video tutorials, and more.
Please contact the 24/7 IT Help Desk at 412-624-HELP (4357) if you have any questions regarding this announcement.