Apple has announced security updates to address new security vulnerabilities affecting the software listed below. Pitt Information Technology recommends that users immediately identify and install the security updates necessary to remediate these vulnerabilities by following the guidance on Apple’s website.
Please note that these updates include security patches for a zero-day vulnerability that is being actively exploited and could result in the execution of malicious code.
- Safari prior to 16.4
- iOS prior to 15.7.4 and iPadOS prior to 15.7.4
- iOS prior to 16.4 and iPadOS prior to 16.4
- watchOS prior to 9.4
- tvOS prior to 16.4
- macOS Big Sur prior to 11.7.5
- mac OS Monterey prior to 12.6.4
- macOS Ventura prior to 13.3
- Studio Display Firmware prior to 16.4
In addition, Pitt IT recommends that all students, faculty, and staff install Antivirus and Anti-Malware (Malwarebytes) Protection. Departments can submit a help request to obtain Malwarebytes for multiple machines.
Please contact the 24/7 IT Help Desk at +1-412-624-HELP (4357) if you have any questions regarding this announcement.