Apple has announced security updates to address new security vulnerabilities affecting the software listed below. Pitt Information Technology recommends that users immediately identify and install the security updates necessary to remediate these vulnerabilities by following the guidance on Apple’s website.
Please note that these updates include security patches for a zero-day vulnerability that is being actively exploited and could result in the execution of malicious code.
- iCloud for Windows versions prior to 14.1
- Safari versions prior to 16.2
- iOS versions prior to 15.7.2, for iPadOS 15.7.2, iPhone 6s (all models), iPhone 7 (all models), iPhone SE (1st generation), iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 2 and later, iPad 5th generation and later, iPad mini 4 and later, and iPod touch (7th generation)
- iOS versions prior to 16.2, for iPadOS 16.2, for iPhone 8 and later, iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 3rd generation and later, iPad 5th generation and later, iPad mini 5th generation and later
- macOS Big Sur versions prior to 11.7.2
- macOS Monterey versions prior to 12.6.2
- macOS Ventura versions prior to 13.1
- tvOS versions prior to 16.2
- watchOS versions prior to 9.2
In addition, Pitt IT recommends that all students, faculty, and staff install Antivirus and Anti-Malware (Malwarebytes) Protection. Departments can submit a help request to obtain Malwarebytes for multiple machines.
Please contact the 24/7 IT Help Desk at +1-412-624-HELP (4357) if you have any questions regarding this announcement.