Apple has released security updates to address vulnerabilities affecting the following software:
- macOS Catalina versions prior to macOS Catalina 10.15.7
- iOS versions prior to iOS 14.2
- iPadOS versions prior to iOS 14.2
- tvOS versions prior to tvOS 14.2
- watchOS versions prior to watchOS 7.1, watchOS 6.2.9, watchOS 5.3.9
An attacker who successfully exploits the most severe of these vulnerabilities could potentially gain the ability to install programs and view, change, or delete data.
Pitt Information Technology recommends that users immediately identify and install the appropriate updates provided by Apple. Additional information is available on Apple’s website.
In addition, Pitt IT recommends that all students, faculty, and staff install Antivirus and Anti-Malware (Malwarebytes) Protection. Departments can submit a help request to obtain Malwarebytes for multiple machines.
Please contact the 24/7 IT Help Desk at 412-624-HELP (4357) if you have any questions regarding this announcement.