Apple has announced security updates to address vulnerabilities affecting the following software:
- Safari prior to version 14.1.1
- iOS prior to version 14.6
- iPadOS prior to version 14.6
- watchOS prior to version 7.5
- tvOS prior to version 7.5
- macOS Big Sur prior to version 11.4
- macOS Catalina prior to security update 2021-003
- macOS Mojave prior to security update 2021-004
Pitt Information Technology recommends that users immediately identify and install the security updates necessary to remediate these vulnerabilities by following the guidance on Apple’s website.
In addition, Pitt IT recommends that all students, faculty, and staff install Antivirus and Anti-Malware (Malwarebytes) Protection. Departments can submit a help request to obtain Malwarebytes for multiple machines.
Please contact the 24/7 IT Help Desk at 412-624-HELP (4357) if you have any questions regarding this announcement.