Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching Software
Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching, formerly Microsoft Imagine, puts professional, no-cost developer tools, including Visual Studio Enterprise, in the hands of students and faculty. These titles allow users to create cross-platform apps, manage application lifecycles, create modern reports with actionable insights, and more. Students can use the tools to develop and create apps, games, and websites.
Benefits of Azure Dev Tools for Teaching Titles
- Provide coordination of test management activities, code sharing, and source repositories from a central location with Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise
Getting Started with Azure Dev Tools for Teaching is Easy
- Visit Azure Dev Tools for Teaching and click Sign In.
Note: First time users provide their Pitt Email address at the Microsoft login prompt, then click Next.
- Log in with your University Computing Account username and password.
Note: Azure Dev Tools for Teaching uses Pitt Passport single sign-on and multifactor authentication.
- Check the Subscription Agreement box, then click Accept terms.
- First time users can choose to take a brief tour.
- To view the list of available developer titles, Click Software.
- Click a software title, then click Download or Activate.
- Follow any onscreen prompts to complete your download.
- From the upper right-hand corner, click your account profile.
- From the drop-down menu, click Sign out, then close the browser session.
More Ways to Get the Most from Azure Dev Tools for Teaching
Frequently Asked Questions
How and when do we renew our Azure Dev Tools for Teaching subscription?
The renewal window begins 90 days before the subscription expires and ends 30 days after it expires. All student accounts, product catalogs, and settings are preserved through the entire renewal window. Failure to renew may result in the deletion of any saved material. Sixty days before your membership expires, you will start receiving email reminders to renew your subscription. In these reminder emails, renewal link >. Alternatively, go to the Azure Dev Tools for Teaching - Renew page >, and complete the renewal process.
When does my Subscription expire?
To check the expiration date of your subscription, go to the Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching Management Portal >, and look under Subscriptions.
Who do I contact if I have questions or issues regarding my subscription?
Classroom lab services for instructors
Use classroom services to:
- set up and provide on-demand access to preconfigured virtual machines (VMs)
- teach a class
- train professionals
- run a hackathon or a hands-on lab
- access all lab VMs from a single place
To get started today, visit https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/lab-services/.
More Azure resources
Visit Microsoft Learn to:
- learn about Azure fundamentals
- create your first virtual machine (VM)
- deploy websites to Azure
- and more...