Fast and Easy Online Shopping for Your Departmental Software
University departments can purchase software through a convenient, easy-to-use online store. The Software Store integrates with PantherExpress, the University’s procurement and payment system. This online store eliminates the need to prepare paper requisitions when purchasing or renewing University site-licensed software for your department.
- Convenient: Purchase software through PantherExpress, the same online system you use for your other University procurement needs.
- Intuitive: Find software quickly through a simple and powerful online search.
- Efficient: Submit your orders electronically, eliminating the need for paper requisitions.
Using the Online Software Store
All departmental software purchases and renewals must be submitted through the Software Store on PantherExpress. Walk-in service at Bellefield Hall is no longer available.
To Order Departmental Software Online:
- Log in to PantherExpress via My Pitt (my.pitt.edu).
- Click Information Technology Software Store under Internal (University) Suppliers.
- Search for software licenses.
- Add products to your cart and proceed to checkout.
- You must be registered to use PantherExpress before you can purchase software for your department. Register to use PantherExpress.
- P-cards cannot be used to purchase or renew software licenses.
- An account with the subcode 6081 must be used for all Software Store purchases. Your order cannot be processed unless this subcode is used.
- All software licenses are available for digital delivery.
- Departmental buyers will be contacted three months prior to the expiration of any previously purchased software that requires renewal. They will be provided instructions on how to renew their licenses. Any purchases made during the last three months of a license period will be automatically grandfathered into the next license period.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ: Software Purchases for Departmental Use
What software titles are available through the Software Store?
The Software Store offers software titles that are available to the University community through site licenses or volume purchase agreements negotiated by Pitt Information Technology. This includes valuable engineering and statistical software, as well as the Microsoft Campus Agreement for Departments. If you are searching for a specific title and don't see it in the Software Store, contact the 24/7 IT Help Desk to see if it can be made available.
Why have departmental software purchases moved to PantherExpress?
Integrating departmental software purchases with PantherExpress significantly improves operational efficiency. In addition, it supports the University’s commitment to sustainability by eliminating the need for paper requisitions.
How do I acquire software after I have ordered it?
All software titles can be delivered digitally and downloaded. Please contact email@example.com after purchase to request a download link.
Do I need to use a specific subcode for purchases?
Yes. An account with the subcode 6081 must be used for all Software Store purchases. Your order cannot be processed unless this subcode is used.
Can I purchase software for personal use through the Software Store?
How do I view payment information for orders I have placed through the Software Store?
Payment information for your software orders through the Software Store will appear on your level reports with a PantherExpress PO number.
How do I renew software licenses?
You will receive an email outlining the renewal process for the software three months prior to its expiration.
Whom do I contact if I need help or have additional questions?
You can contact the 24/7 IT Help Desk at any time at 412-624-HELP (4357). You can also submit a request online.