SendToMobile, available for University faculty and staff, extends calls from your University telephone to your mobile phone. This means if you are away from your desk when someone calls your office phone, you can answer that call on your mobile phone.
Make Your Calls Follow You Wherever You Go
All desk phone functionality–such as three-way calling and conferencing–is available seamlessly. Your mobile phone functions as if you are right at your desk.
Using SendToMobile also means you don't have to share your mobile number for work purposes. Anyone can reach you simply by dialing your office number.
Request the Service
SendToMobile requires a University-provided digital or IP phone. If you already have a digital or IP phone, you can add the service at no additional cost.
There is no monthly fee if you have a single- or multi-line digital or IP phone. If you currently have an analog phone, you will need to upgrade before you can use SendToMobile.
- Request SendToMobile
Please provide the following information in the detailed description field:
- Request to activate Send to Mobile service
- Name and email address of person using the service
- Campus extension to be used with Send to Mobile
- Mobile phone number to be used with Send to Mobile
Using the Service
Turn on SendToMobile (calls ring on both your desk phone and smartphone)
- Dial 412-624-3281 from your smartphone or press the EC500 button on your desk phone (Avaya only)
Turn off SendToMobile
- Dial 412-624-3282 from your smartphone or press the EC500 button on your desk phone (Avaya only)
Extend an active call from your desk phone to your smartphone
- Press the Extend Call button on your desk phone, then pick up your smartphone when it rings
Transfer an active smartphone call to your desk phone
- Pick up the active line on your desk phone when you return to your office
How Voicemail Works with SendToMobile
When SendToMobile is turned on:
- A call to your desk phone will ring your smartphone three times and then go to the desk phone's voicemail
- If you receive a call on your smartphone and press the ignore button, the voicemail goes to your smartphone's mailbox
- If you receive a call while your smartphone is turned off, the voicemail goes to your smartphone's mailbox