Zoom: Enabling Screen Sharing for Participants
Screen sharing for Zoom meeting participants is disabled by default. This setting helps prevent uninvited attendees from disrupting meetings by sharing inappropriate or offensive material—a practice known as “Zoombombing” that has affected Pitt and other institutions.
You can enable screen sharing for participants on a per meeting basis, or you can change your settings to enable participant screen sharing by default for all meetings.
Enable Participant Screen Sharing for a Single Meeting
1. Within the Zoom meeting, click the arrow next to Share Screen and select Advanced Sharing Options.
2. Under Who can share?, select All Participants.
Enable Participant Screen Sharing for All Meetings by Default
1. Visit pitt.zoom.us, click Sign In, and log in with your University Computing Account username and password.
2. Click Settings on the left-hand side of the screen.
3. On the Meetings tab, scroll down to the Screen Sharing heading. Under Who can share?, select All Participants and click Save.