You are here
PittNet Wi-Fi: Configuring Acer and Samsung Chromebooks
Technology Services supports general connectivity for wi-fi devices. You should be able to connect to Wireless PittNet by configuring your Chromebook device according to these specifications.
Complete the following steps to connect your Acer or Samsung Chromebook to Wireless PittNet.
- On the top right-hand side of the Chromebook desktop, click the Network button, and then select the ENABLE Wi-Fi option.
- The Wi-Fi button will replace the Network button.
- Right click the Wi-Fi button.
- A list of available wireless networks will appear. Select WIRELESS-PITTNET.
- The Join Wi-Fi network window will appear.
- In the Join Wi-Fi network window, select the following settings:
a. EAP method: PEAP
b. Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPv2
c. Server CA certification: Default
- In the Identity box, enter your University Computing Account username.
- In the Password box, enter your University Computing Account password.
- Deselect the Save identity and password checkbox.
- Click the Connect button.