PittNet(Wireless): Configuring Acer and Samsung Chromebooks
Technology Services supports general connectivity for wi-fi devices. You should be able to connect successfully to Wireless PittNet or Wireless-PittNet-Fast by configuring your Chromebook device according to the specifications below.
Complete the following steps to connect your Acer or Samsung Chromebook to Wireless PittNet or Wireless-PittNet-Fast.
- On the top right-hand side of the Chromebook desktop, click the Network button, and then select the ENABLE Wi-Fi option.
- The Wi-Fi button will replace the Network button.
- Right click the Wi-Fi button.
- A list of available wireless networks will appear. Select WIRELESS-PITTNET or WIRELESS-PITTNET-FAST.
- The Join Wi-Fi network window will appear.
- In the Join Wi-Fi network window, select the following settings:
a. EAP method: PEAP
b. Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPv2
c. Server CA certification: Default
- In the Identity box, enter your University Computing Account username.
- In the Password box, enter your University Computing Account password.
- Deselect the Save identity and password checkbox.
- Click the Connect button.