Email: Trust Contacts
Selecting the option to trust your email contacts ensure that email messages sent by people in your Contacts list will not be quarantined as spam. You can select Trust Contacts from your Outlook email client (Windows or Mac), or you can use the Outlook Web App via My Pitt (Windows or Mac).
Setting Trust Contacts using the Office 365 Web Mail Interface (via My Pitt)
- Log in to My Pitt (my.pitt.edu) and click the Pitt Email link in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and select Options.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click block or allow.
- Place a check in the box next to Trust email from my Contacts and click Save.
Setting Trust Contacts with the Outlook Email Client
- Right-click any message in Outlook, hover over Junk, and select Junk Email Options.
- Click the Safe Senders tab.
- Place a check in the box next to Also trust e-mail from my Contacts.
- Click OK.