You are here
Email: Trust Contacts
Trusting your email contacts ensure that emails sent by your Contacts will not be quarantined as spam. Select Trust Contacts from your Outlook email client (Windows or Mac). Or use the Outlook Web App via My Pitt (Windows or Mac).
Setting Trust Contacts using the Office 365 Webmail Interface (via My Pitt)
- Log in to Pitt Email via My Pitt (my.pitt.edu).
- Click the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the browser window and select Options.
- On the left-hand side of the browser window, click block or allow.
- Place a check in the box next to Trust email from my Contacts and click Save.
Setting Trust Contacts with the Outlook Email Client
- Right-click any message in Outlook, hover over Junk, and select Junk Email Options.
- Click the Safe Senders tab.
- Place a check in the box next to Also trust e-mail from my Contacts.
- Click OK.