Pitt App Store
Helpful Pitt-Related Apps at Your Fingertips
- Install apps that allow you to add classes, view grades, check your schedule, store and share documents in the cloud, watch training videos, use Microsoft Office, read campus news, prepare for career fairs, digitally sign documents, and much more.
- Leverage the Pitt App Store as a department or mobile app developer to distribute those apps to the entire University community or a specific school or group.
- Download the Pitt App Store for iOS or Android smartphones and tablets. A web version is also available.
Get Started in 3 Easy Steps
- Find the device specific installation instructions from the "Get the Most from the Pitt App" section below for your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet. Click the Plus sign ('+').
- Install and trust the app using the instructions.
- Find and open the App Store app, browse the wide array of helpful titles, then tap an app to install it.
Get the Most from the Pitt App Store
What’s in the Pitt App Store for me?
A wide range of apps are already available, and more are on the way:
- Careers by Symplicity
- Cloud Storage (Box and OneDrive)
- Courseweb (Blackboard Learn) - student and instructor versions
- Duo Mobile
- eduroam Companion
- Junos Pulse Secure
- Lynda Online Learning
- Lync 2013
- Microsoft Excel*
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint*
- Microsoft Word*
- My Pitt Video (Panopto)
- Outlook Groups
- Overdrive - Library
- Pitt Career Fair Plus
- Pitt eSignature (DocuSign)
- Pitt Gameday LIVE
- Pitt LiveWire Gameday
- Pitt Mobile
- Pitt PS Mobile
- Pittsburgh Panoview
- Rave Guardian
- Ride Systems
- Tapingo – Mobile Live
- Technology Web site
- The Pitt News
- XFINITY Stream
* Available for students; faculty/staff should contact Computing Services and Systems Development for licensing information.
Have a Pitt App You Think Should Be Included in the Store?
If so, we want to know! Contact the Technology Help Desk online or at 412-624-HELP  with the details. We’ll evaluate the app for inclusion in the App Store.
Install the app on my Android smartphone or tablet
The Pitt App Store is designed to serve as your one-stop shop for University-related apps. Follow these instructions to install and access the Pitt App Store on your Andoid smartphone or tablet:
Android users should make sure that the Security setting is checked to allow the installation of apps from Unknown sources.
Important: After the installation, return to your security settings and uncheck this setting.
Open a web browser on your Android smartphone or tablet and go to http://pi.tt/appstore.
Note: Use this web address to download the Pitt App Store app instead of the Google Play store.
Install the app on my iOS smartphone or tablet
The Pitt App Store is designed to serve as your one-stop shop for University-related apps. Follow these instructions to install and access the Pitt App Store on iOS devices that are running iOS version 9 (or higher):
- Open a web browser on your iOS smartphone or tablet and go to http://pi.tt/appstore. Tap Install.
Note: Using the link above to install the Pitt App Store app instead of going to the Apple Store.
- You will see a warning. Tap Install.
- After the installation finishes, close any blank screen and exit your web browser.
- You need to trust the app before you can begin to use it. You will only need to do this once. Use one of the following two options:
- If you see a trust verification message, tap Trust .
- If you do not see a trust verification message, adjust the trust settings manually: Tap Settings > General Tab > Device Management > University of Pittsburgh (under Enterprise App) > University of Pittsburgh > Trust.
- Locate and tap the Pitt App Store app, log in using PittProtect multifactor authentication, locate an app, then tap Install.
Use the web version of the Pitt App Store
The web version of the Pitt App Store is optimized for mobile devices and not intended for desktop or laptop computers.