SendToMobile, available for University faculty and staff, extends calls from your University telephone to your mobile phone. This means if you are away from your desk when someone calls your office phone, you can answer that call on your mobile phone.
Make Your Calls Follow You Wherever You Go
If you return to your office during the call, you can transfer the call by simply picking up your office phone and ending the call on your mobile phone. Similarly, if you are talking on your desk phone and need to continue the call on your cell phone, just press the Extend Call button on your desk phone and pick up your cell phone when it begins to ring.
All desk phone functionality–such as three-way calling and conferencing–is available seamlessly. Your mobile phone functions as if you are right at your desk.
Using SendToMobile also means you don't have to share your mobile number for work purposes. Anyone can reach you simply by dialing your office number.
Request the Service
SendToMobile requires a University-provided digital or IP phone. If you already have a digital or IP phone, you can add the service at no additional cost.
There is no monthly fee if you have a single- or multi-line digital or IP phone. If you currently have an analog phone, you will need to upgrade before you can use SendToMobile.
- Request SendToMobile >
Just complete the online form and select SendToMobile from the On-Request Telephone Services section.
Using the Service
Turn on SendToMobile (calls ring on both your desk phone and cell phone)
- Press the EC500 button on your desk phone or dial 412-624-3281 from your cell phone
Turn off SendToMobile
- Press the EC500 button on your desk phone or dial 412-624-3282 from your cell phone
Extend an active call from your desk phone to your cell phone
- Press the Extend Call button on your desk phone, then pick up your cell phone when it rings
Transfer an active cell phone call to your desk phone
- Pick up the active line on your desk phone when you return to your office
How Voice Mail Works with SendToMobile
When SendToMobile is turned on:
- A call to your desk phone will ring your cell phone three times and then go to the desk phone's voice mail
- If you receive a call on your cell phone and press the ignore button, the voice mail goes to your cell phone's mailbox
- If you receive a call while your cell phone is turned off, the voice mail goes to your cell phone's mailbox