How to Report Security Issues
Lost or Stolen Equipment
- Contact University Police at 412-624-2121
Reporting suspected incidents promptly helps the University perform a quick evaluation of the situation to contain the problem, ensure that other computers have not been affected, and determine if sensitive information may be at risk.
Contact the Technology Help Desk at 412-624-HELP  immediately to report:
- Virus, spyware, or other malicious programs found on your computer.
- Any attempts to break into your computer over the network.
- Any unauthorized disclosure of sensitive information stored on a computer.
Please provide the following information:
- What you have observed.
- Whether the situation may involve more than one computer.
- The date and time the incident occurred.
- The name, serial number, and IP network address of the computer (if known).
- The location of the computer.
- Whether or not any potentially sensitive information is stored on the computer.