You are here
Toad for Oracle (Quest)
The Toad for Oracle (Quest) solution for departments gives faculty and staff the ability to minimize risks associated with database changes, maintain quality, and redirect time to more strategic tasks. Create high-quality, bug-free applications that are built to perform and scale in production while automating the routine tasks that can make you less proactive and productive.
Licensed users can make use of tools used for application development, database development, or business intelligence and assist developers in deploying Oracle-based applications and web services on the Windows platform.
- Shorten development cycles by producing higher-quality code with fewer defects
- Define, find, and protect sensitive data across all your Oracle databases
- Implement consistent and repeatable processes and best practices
- Pinpoint and resolve database performance inefficiencies quickly
- Automate SQL optimization tasks, complex and routine database admin tasks, and scalable performance testing.
Toad for Oracle products are available for purchase from PantherExpress. They are not available for personal purchase. To get started:
Choose the Toad for Oracle Product that is Right for You:
Product List (for Departments)
Toad Data Point Professional Edition – $250/year* (Windows only)
Seamlessly access more than 50 data sources—both on premises and in the cloud—and switch between these data sources with near-zero transition times. Connect, query, and prepare data for faster business insights. Easy data profiling and cleansing; simplified data federation slashes up to 50 percent of your time to routine data delivery and enables you to take a huge leap in being more data driven.
Toad for SQL Server Development Suite – $300/year* (Windows only)
With Toad for SQL Server, you get extensive automation, intuitive workflows, and built-in expertise to maximize productivity and reduce risk. This comprehensive toolset complements Microsoft tools by solving key SQL Server challenges, so you can proactively manage many databases.
Toad for SQL Server includes these features:
- Compare and sync: Easily identify differences by comparing and syncing servers, schemas and data.
- Group Execute: Enable a number of scripts to be executed against different servers at the same time.
- Log Reader: Roll back transactions in the transaction log without restoring from a backup.
- Job Manager: Manage the load on your database to improve efficiency.
- SQL Optimizer: Conduct application performance tuning with automated query rewrites and optimization.
Toad for Oracle Xpert Edition – $500/year* (Windows only)
Toad for Oracle Xpert Edition provides you with all of Toad’s development, editing, debugging, and project management features, plus SQL Optimizer for Oracle. SQL Optimizer validates your database code to ensure the best-possible performance. It also enables you to proactively identify potential issues and optimize SQL automatically.
Easily manage database changes, including configuration, upgrades, migrations, index creation, and more. Analyze and compare execution plans for multiple SQL statements in different database environments. This Oracle database tool helps you proactively identify SQL performance variations, perform SQL tuning, and pinpoint potential performance degradation.
Toad for Oracle DBA Suite – $1,200/year* (Windows only)
Simplify database administration with Toad DBA Suite for Oracle. This powerful solution solves a wide range of challenges related to general database administration, performance diagnostics, and performance tuning. Toad for Oracle DBA includes these additional features:
- Simplify administrative tasks, including management of users, roles, infrastructure, and utilities
- Diagnose and resolve database performance issues in real time
- Identify problematic SQL statements directly from source code or execution in Oracle
- Optimize SQL statements automatically through SQL rewrite and indexing
- Automate many routine tasks, including schema compare, script execution, and reporting
- Schedule and perform more than 200 checks of database health, performance, and security
- Replay database workload to simulate production environment
- Manage, synchronize, and deploy schema changes
- Analyze and report on Recovery Manager (RMAN) backups for better control over your backup strategy
- Connect to Toad World—without leaving Toad—to get answers from industry experts and interact with your peers
* Annual licenses must be renewed on July 1 of each year; includes home use rights.
Purchase the Software:
This title is only available through an authorized purchaser for PantherExpress in your department or area:
- Go to my.pitt.edu, login using your University Computing Account username and password,
- Search for PantherExpress, click The Panther Express System, then Start.
- Click the Shopping Cart icon. Under Internal (University) Suppliers, click Pitt IT Software Store.
- Search for Toad for Oracle.
- Locate your product and click Add to Cart.
- Enter each user's information, one user per line in the requested format (last name, first name, University Computing Account username), then click Add to Cart.
- A receipt is emailed to the user which contains download instructions and the license key to complete the installation process.
Trial versions of these Toad for Oracle products are available for first-time users at www.quest.com.
Watch a video overview to learn how Toad for Oracle works:
More Ways to Get the Most from Toad for Oracle:
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I get additional information about Toad for Oracle?
Visit the Toad for Oracle website for complete information.
If I have a Toad for Oracle license, can I access additional learning resources?
Connect with the Toad user and developer community via Toad World.
Are there hardware requirements to run the Toad for Oracle applications?
Hardware requirements are located here.
How do I renew my license?
Pitt Information Technology will send departments a reminder with renewal costs. In order to receive upgrades, maintenance payments must be received by Sept 30.