Smartphone and Mobile Device Services
For Personal Use
Discounts on smartphone services are available to students, faculty, and staff. Faculty and staff can visit the Office of Budget and Controller's office's Panther Express personal purchase page for details. Students, faculty, and staff can also check the AT&T website to see if they are eligible to receive discounts.
For University Use
Pitt IT can help faculty, staff, and departments acquire smartphones, wireless aircards, or personal digital assistants (PDAs) for University use. We can also help you find a device and plan that's right for you and your department's budget.
The Technology Loaner Program (for International Travel) offers loaner laptops, iPads, and smartphones to individuals traveling abroad to lessen the associated security risks while allowing full use of required software applications. Devices are available to faculty and staff for the purpose of conducting University business and program activities during international travel. Complete details about the program are available on the Pitt Global website.
- Research available phones from vendor websites: AT&T Wireless, T-Mobile, and Verizon Wireless.
- Review University discount programs via the Panther Express personal purchase page for departments from carriers. Discounts may not be available for all vendors.
- To request these services, submit the online Cell Phone and Mobile Device Request.
Report Lost or Stolen Mobile Devices
It is important to suspend your service if your device is missing. Please contact the vendor directly and a representative will guide you through the process. Below are the phone numbers that should be used for each vendor.
- In US for Domestic Service – 800.999.5445
- In US for Global Service – 800.335.4685 for calling from the US for someone’s phone that is currently out of the country
- Out of US for Global Service – 916.843.4685 for calling if you are out of the country with your phone
- In US for Domestic Service – 800.922.0204
- In US for Global Service – 800.711.8300 for calling from the US for someone’s phone that is currently out of the country
- Out of US for Global Service – 908.559.4899 for calling if you are out of the country with your phone
- Call 800.375.1126
- Call 877.927.2199