Residence Hall Wi-Fi (MyResNet)
MyResNet is the free high-speed Wi-Fi network in residence halls. It's capable of accommodating up to seven devices per student, for streaming music and video, as well as online gaming.
Enjoy Fast, Friendly Service and Support
MyResNet is available to students in residence halls and University-owned housing on the Pittsburgh campus.
- Reliable service, with guaranteed 60 Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload speed per device.
- Connect quickly and easily from all your registered devices; no log in required!
- Around-the-clock support through the University's 24/7 IT Help Desk.
Interested in even faster service? You can upgrade to 100 Mbps download and 50 Mbps upload speed on up to 10 devices for $69 per semester (fall, spring, and summer) when you sign up for an account.
Get Started in 3 Easy Steps
- Before you arrive on campus, visit MyResNet.com and sign up for an account using your Pitt email address.
Important: Choose a username or password that is different than your University Computing Account username and password.
- Register all the devices you plan to connect.
- After you arrive, connect to the network named “MyResNet”.
Note: If your device is more than four years old or MyResNet does not display, you may need to connect to "MyResNet Legacy".
Already on campus, but haven’t yet signed up for an account? Follow these steps…
Take Advantage of 24/7 Support
Contact the University's 24/7 IT Help Desk at any time for help connecting or troubleshooting any network problems that may arise.
- Call 412-624-HELP (4357)
- Text "ResNet" to 84700
- Chat online at MyResNet.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org