Consulting for Faculty and Staff
Core consultants are available to provide on-site support to faculty members who currently do not have IT support. All consulting services are provided through the 24/7 Help Desk and tracked in the call tracking database. Faculty and staff members who have technical questions or problems should contact the 24/7 Help Desk at 412-624-HELP (4357).
Consulting services are available to all faculty and staff at their University office location between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. weekdays. Assistance is provided for troubleshooting hardware, operating system, supported software, and network problems. Ongoing problems, special projects, and departmental requests are referred to the onsite consulting program for a needs analysis and solution recommendation.
If on-site support is needed, a core consultant will contact the faculty member to schedule an appointment. If departments require dedicated, full-time or part-time support for their staff, Pitt Information Technology's Departmental Contracts program can provide assistance.
Walk-in support is available to faculty and staff at the Walk-In Support Desk at the University Store on Fifth. Visit them today! Our consultants can help you:
- Connect to Wireless PittNet
- Configure a smartphone or tablet to receive Pitt Email (Outlook)
- Install Microsoft Office and various other software tools
- Departments can purchase software for professional use on University computers. View details.
- Individual students, faculty or staff members may purchase software for personal use at home or at the University
- Change passwords.