CSSD security professionals help protect the University's computer systems by responding to compromised computers and other security incidents. CSSD works with departments to quickly respond to security incidents that compromise a computer or server, or result in the unauthorized disclosure of University Information.
Reporting suspected incidents promptly helps the University perform a quick evaluation of the situation to contain the problem, ensure that other computers have not been affected, and determine if sensitive information may be at risk.
Contact the 24/7 Help Desk at 412-624-HELP  immediately to report:
- Virus, spyware, or other malicious programs found on your computer.
- Any attempts to break into your computer over the network.
- Any unauthorized disclosure of sensitive information stored on a computer.
Please be prepared to provide the following information:
- What you have observed.
- Whether the situation may involve more than one computer.
- The date and time the incident occurred.
- The name, serial number, and IP network address of the computer (if known).
- The location of the computer.
- Whether or not any potentially sensitive information is stored on the computer
Lost or Stolen Equipment
If your computer is lost or stolen, contact University Police at 412-624-2121 and then contact the Help Desk at 412 624-HELP .