How to Report Security Issues
Lost or Stolen Equipment
- Contact University Police at 412-624-2121
Reporting suspected incidents promptly helps the University perform a quick evaluation of the situation to contain the problem, ensure that other computers have not been affected, and determine if sensitive information may be at risk.
Contact the 24/7 Help Desk at 412-624-HELP  immediately to report:
- Virus, spyware, or other malicious programs found on your computer.
- Any attempts to break into your computer over the network.
- Any unauthorized disclosure of sensitive information stored on a computer.
Please provide the following information:
- What you have observed.
- Whether the situation may involve more than one computer.
- The date and time the incident occurred.
- The name, serial number, and IP network address of the computer (if known).
- The location of the computer.
- Whether or not any potentially sensitive information is stored on the computer.