We’re pleased to introduce a new tool for advisors to help students evaluate options and plan a clear path to graduation. Degree Planner, part of PeopleSoft/HighPoint Campus Experience (CX), launches today and provides a variety of benefits not previously available to students and advisors:
- Shows the courses a student should take to graduate and indicates the sequence in which to take them using a clear, visual map
- Offers expanded, flexible “what if” scenarios that show impact on graduation, including adjusting credit load, changes to or single/dual majors, study abroad, and more
- Identifies students who are off plan and may need degree planning assistance
- Improves on-time graduation results and provides improved data to help with department programming
Access Degree Planner by searching for “CX” in myPitt. Once advisors log in to CX, they:
- Click View Advisees, then Lookup Student.
Note: An advisor clicks Act as User and accept a FERPA notification before proceeding.
- Advisors enter a student’s name in the fields provided.
- From the left side menu, select Academics, then Degree Planner.
A user guide for faculty members, instructors, and advisors is available through a resources page on the registrar’s website. For more information, email the Office of the University Registrar or call 412-624-7649.