Updated PittNet Guest Wi-Fi Access
The PittNet Guest Wi-Fi authentication system is a multi-step process that allows visitors to the University campus to utilize the wireless network with limited privileges as a guest. Gaining access to the Wi-Fi network requires that a visitor have a sponsor who is a full-time staff or faculty member. The conditions imposed on PittNet Guest Wi-Fi access are required to ensure the security of data and systems hosted on PittNet.
Last updated on September 1, 2017
This project will implement the ClearPass cloud-based guest Wi-Fi provisioning system as a replacement for the current guest Wi-Fi process. The new workflow will be web-based, available 24/7, 365 days a year, and will not require intervention from the 24/7 Help Desk for most requests.
- Formation of the Project Team: Completed on March 6, 2017
- Architecture, Plan and Design Specification: March 27, 2017
- Identification of Resources and Requisition of Capital Items: April 24, 2017
- Testing and Implementation: Completed on August 12, 2017
- Post Project Analysis and Report: Approved on August 28, 2017
Visit the new PittNet Guest Wi-Fi Access Overview page