You are here
Read Your Email With an Email Client (Like Outlook)
You can connect your email client to Pitt Email (Outlook). Email clients are programs that you install on your desktop or laptop computer to access your email and calendar. You can access your Pitt Email (Outlook) with a variety of email clients.
Outlook 2016 for Windows and Mac
- Launch Outlook.
- If you are configuring an account for the first time, you may need to accept the Microsoft Licensing Agreement. Clicking Accept will move you past this box.
- A "Welcome to Outlook" dialog box will appear. Enter your University email address in the Email address box and click Connect.
- If the "Welcome to Outlook" dialog box doesn't appear because the Outlook client is already configured for another email inbox, click the File tab. Then click the Add Account button under Account Information. The welcome dialog box should appear. Enter your email address.
- Enter your University Computing Account password in the Password field that will appear in a "Windows Security" box. Your email address should be above the field. Click OK.
- A box stating that "Account setup is complete" will appear. Click OK.
New to Microsoft Outlook? Try watching the Outlook 2016 Essential Training online course available through LinkedIn Learning.
Older versions of Outlook
To ensure uninterrupted access to your Pitt Email, individuals who use Outlook 2013 or previous versions should upgrade to the current version of the Outlook desktop app through Office ProPlus. Outlook 2013 will no longer work with your Pitt Email after Aug. 1, 2022. (To determine your current version of Outlook, choose File > Office Account > About Outlook.)
Apple Mail macOS 10.9 to 10.14
- From the Apple Dock select System Preferences.
- Select Internet Accounts.
Note: In macOS 10.8, Internet Accounts was called Mail, Contacts & Calendars.
- From the list of options, select Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter a name for the account, your University email address, and your University Computing Account password.
- Verify the information and click Continue.
- Click Continue again on the Account Summary window.
- Features such as contacts and calendars can also be used with Exchange. Select the options you want to use with your Exchange server and then click Add Account
- Close the Internet Accounts window. Open Apple Mail from the Apple Dock and you'll see emails begin to populate your inbox.