You are here
Guest Wi-Fi Access
You have three options for guest Wi-Fi access when visiting the University of Pittsburgh:
- Eduroam Guest Wi-Fi is the best option for visitors from UPMC and other Eduroam-affiliated institutions. No time limits or additional device configuration required.
- Pitt Guest Wi-Fi (Anyroam) provides access for alumni, parents, and others who do not have an Eduroam affiliation for up to one year; one-time device configuration required after you arrive on campus.
- MyResNet Guest Wi-Fi is ideal for visitors to Pittsburgh campus residence halls and requires sponsorship from a resident student.
Use our comparison table to learn more about which option best meets your needs:
The University of Pittsburgh is a member of Eduroam, a fast, reliable, and secure global Wi-Fi network developed for the research and education community. If you are visiting Pitt from an institution that also participates in Eduroam, just follow these steps to connect:
- Select "Eduroam" from the list of available Wi-Fi networks.
- Enter the email address and password from your home institution.
Pitt Guest Wi-Fi (Anyroam) is provided through Pitt's partnership with Eduroam. It does not require a password or a University-affiliated sponsor access.
Visitors must configure their devices for Pitt Guest Wi-Fi after they arrive on campus. To register for Pitt Guest Wi-Fi, you need a phone number capable of receiving a text message.
IMPORTANT: Visiting Pitt from an institution that participates in Eduroam? Be sure to use Eduroam—not Pitt Guest Wi-Fi—for guest access while at Pitt.
- Check if your institution has Eduroam …
Search for your institution and look for the blue Eduroam button.
Configure a Device for Pitt Guest Wi-Fi After You Arrive on Campus
1. Connect your device to the network named "PITT GUEST WI-FI SETUP".
2. Open a web browser.
3. On the Guest Wireless Access Options page, click the "Check if your institution has Eduroam..." button.
- If your home institution participates in Eduroam, do not use Pitt Guest Wi-Fi. Instead, connect with Eduroam.
- If your home institution does not participate in Eduroam, proceed to the next step.
4. On the Guest Wireless Access Options page, click the Register Your Device for Pitt Guest Wi-Fi (Anyroam) button under Option B.
- Important: You must complete the steps above for every device with which you intend to use Pitt Guest Wi-Fi.
MyResNet can be used to provide guest access to visitors to University residence halls on the Pittsburgh campus, including Bouquet Gardens, Centre Plaza, Darragh Apartments, Forbes-Craig Apartments, and Oakwood Apartments.
Resident students can grant access to their guest’s device.
The University of Pittsburgh provides Wi-Fi as a courtesy to visitors and guests. By clicking on the Create or Submit Request button on the Pitt Guest Wi-Fi site and making use of this service, you agree to follow all applicable University policies and procedures on network access and use. You also agree that the University may, at its sole discretion, suspend or revoke your access to the network if you violate these policies and procedures or any applicable local, state, or federal laws.