Office 365 ProPlus: Installing for faculty and staff
What is Office 365 ProPlus for Departments?
Faculty and staff in University departments that subscribe to the Microsoft Campus Agreement have access to Office 365 ProPlus at no additional cost. Office 365 ProPlus allows you to use the latest versions of Office applications no matter what device you are using – smartphone, tablet, or computer. You can install Office on up to five different computers at work or at home. You can also install the full Android and iOS Office apps on up to five tablets and five smartphones.
Install Office on Your Computer
Log in to http://portal.office.com/home with your University Computing Account username and password. A screen similar to the one shown below will display. Click Install Now.
Install Office apps on an Android Device
1. Download and install the Office app you would like to use from the Pitt App Store. Launch the app. A screen similar to the one below will display. Tap Sign In.
2. If you are prompted to select Microsoft account or Work account, select Work account.
3. You may be prompted again to select Work or school account.
4. Sign in with your University Computing Account email address and password.
5. Office will be configured for your device. When it is finished, a screen similar to the one shown below will display.
Install Office apps on an iOS Device
1. Download and install the Office app you would like to use from the Pitt App Store. Launch the app.
2. After the app has finished launching for the first time, you should be prompted to tap a Sign in button. If you are not, tap Account at the bottom of the screen and then tap Sign in.
3. Enter your University email address and tap Next.
4. Enter your University email address and password and tap Sign In.
5. You are now ready to use the app. A screen similar to the Word version shown below will display.
Note: You may be prompted to select your University account one more time before the screen above displays. If you are prompted, tap your University account to select it.