Federated Authorization: Approve an Access Request for Restricted Data (for Data Stewards)
Requests for access to the University of Pittsburgh’s Student Mart can be submitted using an online form. The designated Security Contacts can submit requests for access to restricted data. If they do, you will receive an email message asking you to review and approve, by signing, the request.
View a Request
- Click the View and Approve Request link in the email you received.
- A WebNow login window displays. Log in using your University Computing Account username and password.
- The online request form will display. Review the contents of the form. If you have any questions about the request or do not wish to approve the request, please contact the Security Contact who initiated the request.
Approve a Request
- Click the Check Out button located near the bottom of the window.
- Click OK to close the Check Out comments box.
- Click the Click to Sign button at the bottom of the form under the Data Steward column for your area. The areas are Panther Central (PC), Student Records (SR), and Financial Aid (FA).
- Click the Check In button located near the bottom of the window. It is important to Check In the form as processing will not continue until you Check In the form.
Note: If you close the form without clicking Check In, the following message will appear.
- Click OK to close the Check In comments box.
- An email will be sent automatically notifying the appropriate people that you have signed the digital form. You will be notified via email once the request for access has been approved.