Email: Safe or Blocked Senders
You can add email addresses to your list of Safe Senders to make certain messages from those addresses are never quarantined by the spam filter. You can also add email addresses or domains to the blocked senders list to ensure that messages from those addresses never make it to your Inbox.
Safe or Blocked Senders with Outlook (Desktop Email Client)
- Right-click the message in Outlook and select Junk.
- Choose whether to block the sender or never block the sender. You can also choose to block the sender's domain.
- Your list of safe/blocked senders will be updated accordingly.
Safe or Blocked Senders with Pitt Email (Outlook) (via My Pitt)
1. Log in to Pitt Email via My Pitt (my.pitt.edu).
2. Click the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the browser window.
3. Under Settings, type block, then click the Block or Allow setting that displays below your search term.
4. Make sure the radio button next to Automatically filter junk email is selected.
5. To block or allow an individual sender, enter an email address (for example, email@example.com) under Safe Senders or Blocked Senders. Then click the Save icon at the top of the page.
Note: To edit an existing email address, click the address to highlight it, then click the pencil icon. You can also click the trash can icon to delete an email address from your Safe Senders or Blocked Senders.