Downloading University Data Standard
This standard establishes the responsibilities of data users regarding the downloading of University Data from University systems to department computers, electronically via the University network (PittNet) or physically to any media.
Downloading of University data will be done only if:
- It is the most cost effective method for providing information to the data user.
- The confidentiality, integrity, and accuracy of the data can be ensured.
University systems are online and are typically updated daily. Therefore, each individual data set is the only true, authentic, and operational institutional data set. Information extracted from these data sets represents a snapshot of University data and may become outdated immediately upon downloading.
Data Requester Responsibilities
- University data will be downloaded electronically via PittNet using secure methodologies that ensure data access to approved users only.
- University data may be released to non-University agencies only if authorized by the data administrator in accordance with University Policy 10-02-04 (Data Administration).
- Any individual employed by, or acting as an agent of the University is responsible for adhering to all provisions of University Policy 10-02-05 (Computer Access and Use), and to any special restrictions pertaining to a specific downloading request.
- It is the responsibility of the data requester to manage all downloaded information in accordance with University Policy 10-02-06 (Administrative University Data Security and Privacy).
For more information or to request access to these services, contact the 24/7 Help Desk at 412-624-HELP (4357) or submit a request online.