You are here
Disable Your Browser's Built-in Password Manager
Most web browsers include built-in password management that prompts you to save passwords for sites that you visit. Pitt Password Manager (LastPass) is a much more secure method of storing passwords. After you install Pitt Password Manager, disable your browser's built-in password management feature to avoid confusion and enhance security.
- Click the Safari menu and choose Preferences.
- Click the AutoFill icon.
- Turn off all the AutoFill settings: “Using info from my contacts,” “User names and passwords,” “Credit cards,” and “Other forms.”
- Click the Chrome menu in the toolbar and choose Settings.
- Click Passwords.
- Turn off Offer to save passwords.
- Click the Firefox menu in the toolbar and choose Options.
- Click Privacy & Security.
- Uncheck the box next to Ask to save logins and passwords for websites.
- Click the Settings and more menu and choose Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and click View advanced settings.
- Scroll to the Privacy and services section and turn off Offer to save passwords.
- Click the Tools menu and select Internet options.
- Click the Content tab.
- In the AutoComplete section, click Settings.
- Turn off “Forms and Searches” and “User names and passwords on forms,” then click OK.