You are here
Connecting to PittNet (Wi-Fi and Wired Networks)
PittNet provides fast, secure, and easy-to-use internet access from regional campus residence halls and academic buildings across campuses. MyResNet provides high-speed access from residence halls and University housing on the Pittsburgh campus.
If you want to access restricted University resources, such as digital research journals, databases, and departmental printers, you will need to use PittNet VPN (Pulse Secure). Students can print from PittNet Wi-Fi using Pitt Print.
Please remember that PittNet Wi-Fi is a shared resource, meaning your actions affect others on the network. By following our wireless guidelines, you can help make PittNet Wi-Fi a great service for everyone.
Take these steps to connect to:
PittNet Wi-Fi: From a Phone or Tablet
Some phones and tablets will connect to Wireless PittNet after you select it from the list of available networks and enter your username and password. On other devices, a pop-up message similar to the one shown below may prompt you to trust or install a new certificate. If a prompt similar to the one shown below appears, trust the certificate. You should then be able to connect to Wireless PittNet.
Don’t see a prompt and have trouble connecting to Wireless PittNet?
Complete these steps:
- Delete or forget Wireless PittNet from your list of known networks.
Note: On a mobile device, available networks are usually listed as part of your device’s settings.
- Re-connect to Wireless PittNet.
PittNet Wi-Fi: From a Computer
Some computers will connect to Wireless PittNet after you select it from the list of available networks and enter your username and password. On other computers, a pop-up message similar to the one shown below may prompt you to connect. If a prompt similar to the one shown below appears, simply click Connect.
If you do not receive a prompt and have trouble connecting to Wireless PittNet, please contact the 24/7 IT Help Desk at 412-624-HELP (4357) or submit a help request online.
Visit our MyResNet page to get started.
PittNet Network Ports in Classrooms or Public Locations
Network Ports in Classrooms or Public Locations
Staff or faculty planning to connect to public ports in classrooms or conference rooms should first run the Wired Network Configuration Wizard. Complete these steps before you connect your computer to the network port:
- Log in to the Software Download Service.
- Search for Wired Network.
- Click the option for your operating system (Mac or Windows), and then click Download.
- Open the file and run the automated network configuration tool. This will update your computer.
If you are not able to automatically connect your computer to Wireless PittNet or to a wired port:
- PittNet (Wired): Configuring Windows 8
- PittNet (Wired): Configuring Windows 10
- PittNet (Wired): Configuring macOS 10.8, 10.9, 10.10 & 10.11
- PittNet (Wired): How to Connect your Gaming Console or Smart TV
- PittNet (Wi-Fi): Configuring Windows 10
- PittNet (Wi-Fi): Configuring macOS 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, & 10.11
- PittNet (Wi-Fi): Connecting your Apple TV
- PittNet (Wi-Fi): Configuring Acer and Samsung Chromebooks
- PittNet (Wi-Fi): Configuring Wi-Fi Devices
- PittNet (Wi-Fi): Connect with Mobile Devices or Linux
- PittNet Guest Wi-Fi: How to Set Up Access