My Pitt Video (Panopto)
Computing Services and Systems Development (CSSD) provides an enterprise video platform called My Pitt Video. My Pitt Video, powered by Panopto, enables users to record and webcast presentations, lectures, and meetings. Recordings can be uploaded to a secure video portal for sharing with anyone inside or outside the University. The enterprise video platform also makes it possible to search across the video library and watch recordings on any device. Students, faculty, and staff can view video content by accessing My Pitt Video through My Pitt. To use My Pitt Video, you will need to install Panopto recording software on your desktop or laptop computer.
Benefits of My Pitt Video
- Integrate your videos with your CourseWeb courses
- Combine multiple video sources into one recording
- Give your students permission to record and upload presentations and assignments
- Upload and share pre-recorded videos from previous terms or lectures
- Broadcast live video to the Pitt community or the world
More Than Lecture Capture
My Pitt Video is an excellent tool for capturing and sharing classroom lectures. But the service has many other potential uses.
- Broadcast live events: My Pitt Video can be used to live stream campus events or presentations delivered by visiting speakers. Viewers can even submit questions to the presenter in real time for an interactive experience. Once the webcast is finished, a recording of it can be made available online. Live streams can be recorded and published for viewing at a later time. Faculty and staff can use My Pitt Video software to record multiple video sources in a classroom and then edit those sources into a single video that can be shared with students. For example, a faculty member might combine a recording of her lecture, her PowerPoint slides, a document camera, and a recording of the questions her students asked during class. My Pitt Video also enables pre-recorded videos from previous lectures or terms to be uploaded.
- Create training materials: My Pitt Video makes it easy to create and record training videos using a laptop and webcam. Training videos can be hosted in the cloud and made available to anyone. Viewers can also search inside videos to quickly find key terms. Faculty may use My Pitt Video as a lecture capture tool to record their lectures and make them available to students for playback. Students can view recorded lectures on almost any device, and they can even search and annotate the recordings to help enhance the learning experience.
- Store and share existing video content: My Pitt Video does not need to be used just to create new video content. It can also be used to store and share existing videos. Schools and departments can create a library of their video content–campus events, guest presentations, live webcasts, interviews–that can be easily accessed from any device. My Pitt Video makes it easy for others to find videos and search inside them for specific content. Faculty can also integrate recorded lectures with CourseWeb. If they wish, faculty can grant their students access to record and upload their own video presentations and assignments through My Pitt Video.