SharePoint Online and Office 365 provide University of Pittsburgh students, faculty, and staff with a rich set of collaboration tools from a single, convenient online location. Create and develop your ideas, share information with friends and colleagues, and work together more effectively.
With SharePoint Online and Office 365, you can:
- Create Collaborative Web sites: Create sites that you can use to store files, collaborate with others, create tasks, manage schedules, build workflows, or start a blog. You can share your site with others, even people outside Pitt.
- Store, Sync, and Work Together on Documents: SharePoint includes OneDrive for Business, which allows you to store up by 5 TB of files in the cloud so that you can easily access them across all of your devices. You can share your documents with anyone, and you can use sync to work with your files while you're offline. You can even work together on the same document at the same time, chat with collaborators right from within the document, and easily revert to previous versions of files whenever you need to.
- Use Office on Any Device: Office Online gives you access to Office products like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more in the cloud. So you can create and edit Office documents from anywhere on any device.
- Connect People, Documents, and Ideas: SharePoint includes Delve, a unique visual search tool that helps you find useful and interesting content anywhere in Office 365. You can use Delve to find documents you have worked on recently or documents your friends and colleagues have been working on. Just type a name and you will be able to see everything that person has given you permission to view.
- Share and Manage Your Videos: Office 365 Video is included with SharePoint Online. It allows you to upload, watch, and share videos anywhere, anytime, on any device. Spotlight recommendations and custom channels help you find video content that is most relevant and helpful to you.
Students, faculty, and staff can access SharePoint Online at pitt.sharepoint.com or by logging in to My Pitt and clicking SharePoint Online. We have also created a detailed Web page at http://technology.pitt.edu/sharepoint with videos explaining each of these benefits in more detail. The page also includes links to online training offered through lynda.pitt.edu.