Computing Services and Systems Development is pleased to announce an Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) service is now available at no cost to University faculty, students, and staff. Electronic Lab Notebooks provide a secure online location to store, manage, and share your lab data.
After a thorough evaluation process that involved collaboration with several faculty focus groups and the Office of Research, LabArchives was selected as the ELN solution that best meets the needs of the University community.
You can use Electronic Lab Notebooks for your research:
- Organize: Store all of your lab data---text, spreadsheets, images, PDFs, and more---conveniently and securely in the cloud.
- Search: Find the data you need instantly by keyword, user, or date.
- Manage: Keep abreast of developments in your lab, even while traveling.
- Protect: Ensure the security of your data. LabArchives stores every version of every file.
- Share: Share data within your laboratory or with collaborators around the globe. You control who can view, comment on, and record entries.
You can also use Electronic Lab Notebooks in your classroom to manage, monitor, and evaluate students’ lab work.
Log in to My Pitt (my.pitt.edu) and click the Electronic Lab Notebook link on the right-hand side of the page to use the service. Apps for Android and iOS devices can be downloaded at http://labarchives.com.
Visit our ELN Web page to browse online help resources.