CourseWeb, the University of Pittsburgh's web-based course management system, will be upgraded during an extended maintenance period from Thursday, April 30 through Sunday, May 3. CourseWeb and My Pitt Video will both be unavailable during the maintenance period. The new version of CourseWeb will be available at the start of business on Monday, May 4.
Computing Services and Systems Development is working closely with the Center for Instructional Development and Distance Education (CIDDE) to implement these improvements. Students, faculty, and staff will see a number of significant enhancements:
- Simplified course copy, course merge, and date management
- A student preview function that allows instructors to see what their students will see
- Integration with Blackboard’s Grader app for an improved mobile experience
- Enhanced options for assignment submissions
- Seamless integration with third-party applications such as TurnItIn and Lynda.com
- New options for anonymous and delegated grading
- Improved enrollment management
Students and faculty will be able to preview the new features by logging in to My Pitt and selecting CourseWeb from the My Resources menu. You can also visit http://pi.tt/courseweb. Faculty can also use this page to sign up for introductory workshops conducted by CIDDE.